The Beast Within (Preview)

     One of my earliest works about second chances was back in 2001, when I was a high school senior.  I was sixteen weeks from graduation, and needing a job.  But, living in a small community doesn't exactly hold too many offers except for the occasional shot at being a grocery bagger. A friend told me about how he racked up a profit by selling his poem and essay writings to whomever needed them.  I wasn't exactly a poet, but I did have some notes on a short story I never started, which led to a piece that that got me close to $35 a week. I still have those notes, and within the coming days, I'll have it ready for publication. 
     Entitled "The Beast Within," it tells a tale of a young man with a condition where his anger causes him to kill, but he has a blackout during the killing, remembering nothing when he comes to.  After the strange murder of his old high school bully, he has to prove his innocence to those who know him best, all while keeping his condition a secret until a cure is found.

Comments